Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Garden Update

As I mentioned in this post I started a fall garden this past August. This is my first fall garden so I'm mostly experimenting. It has been 58 days since I planted the garden and this is what it looks like!

This is the area I planted my carrots, parnsips, and spinach. They are hard to see, but they seem to be growing pretty good!  Carrots take about 12 weeks to grow so, I have another month to go. The parsnips take over 150 days so it will be a while before I can pick those. I think the spinach should be bigger than it is but I'm not sure.



These are my butternut squash and pumpkin plants, which I planted late and decided to try to grow anyway. They seem to be doing fairly well.


In fact I have mini butternut squash already!!!! 

These are my tomato plants from my summer garden. We had a really hot summer here in Arkansas and they stopped producing tomatoes in July, however once the nights in September began cooling off, my tomato plants have gone into full gear. They have been producing like crazy, which is great for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment