Friday, July 15, 2011

Avocado Mango Salsa

We had a Mexican food potluck this week and I made an Avocado Mango Salsa. It was amazing and everyone raved about it. I wish I would have taken pictures but I forgot. We put the salsa on our tacos, but it would be amazing on grilled chicken or fish or just alone. I seriously thought about eating the whole bowl myself, its that good. Here's the recipe:

  • 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 4 large avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
  • 1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1 jalapeƱo chile, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
  • 1 lime's worth of  lime juice
  • salt and pepper to taste

I got this recipe from  Epicurious and just adapted it a bit. I used a larger quantity of avocados and mangoes and made them into big chucks. I will definitely be making this again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment