Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hallway Ideas

I know the wall paper still isn't finished being removed, but I am getting super excited about what I can do with the upstairs hallway. I have been pinning ideas like crazy on Pinterest.

I would love to put up grass cloth wall paper and build a chair rail like the one in our living room like the picture below.



I love this style and really want to do it eventually, however it would be more expensive and time consuming. After spending all that time removing the wall paper it would be hard to put more up. But this is still in the running.

Another idea I had was to paint the hallway white and build lots of trim on it like the picture below


I think it adds a lot of character and would make the space feel really open. This would also be expensive and time consuming. Building just the bottom chair rail in the living took a lot of time and effort. However I think the molding would be worth the investment.

Finally, I was thinking about painting a light neutral color and putting really big art pieces along it like a gallery. Kinda like the picture below


We'll see what I decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment