Monday, August 1, 2011

Painting the Kitchen

John and I have some bigger plans for the kitchen, but they of course are very costly, i.e. new counter tops, appliances, back splash, etc. Since it will be a while before we can afford those thing I decided to do a mini make-over and paint. This is what the kitchen looked like originally




The color was mint green and while it looked alright, it just wasn't our style. So we painted it Gentle Rain by Behr. Gentle Rain is a really light gray color and I love it. Here are the after pictures








We have this awesome built-in china cabinet that wasn't shown in the original pictures, and while I was painting John decided it would a great time to install some lighting in there. John is a journeyman electrician so he can easily do this kinda thing. It came out great! We are going to eventually add some more lights on the first shelf because it is still kinda dark under there.


I also made all the curtains in the kitchen, and I'll have a post later on showing how I made them!

No comments:

Post a Comment