Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Powder Room

We have a small (and I mean small) powder room, right off of our kitchen. Unfortunately I do not have any before pictures to show you, but the powder room was the same color green as the kitchen originally was. It's real cute and tiny and already had wainscoting. Originally I just planned on painting the powder room the same color gray as the kitchen, but when I was at Home Depot picking out the gray color I happened to see Martha Stewart's Precious Metals collection. I saw the pink pearl color and loved it, so I grabbed a small can for the powder room. However I did not see that for best results, it is recommended that the metallic paint should be sprayed on. Painting with it was pretty difficult. It required 3 coats and constant attention to make sure everything was blended. In the end it came out a lot darker than the paint chip color- more salmon than pink, but I do love the metallic shimmer of it. These are the after pictures





I think the color looks better in the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment