Friday, March 23, 2012

Office Makeover

I have not shown a lot (or any) pictures of our upstairs besides our master bedroom. For some reason I failed to get pictures of the rooms. Anyway we use one of our upstairs bedrooms (we have a 3 bedroom house) as our office. This is what it looked like after we moved in

When you walked in the desk and old school computer were to the right





 This bookcase full of our random stuff was to the left. This became our junk room where we hid everything we didn't want to deal with. Also this room was not very functional. We have a laptop that we keep down stairs and I work in front of a computer at work all day so I don't have much need for an office. We do have a need for another guest bedroom though. I am from a family of six and when they come to visit we have to blow up an air mattress for that room. In addition, as much as I hated our old couch it was a pull out so we lost that when we upgraded. All this to say we needed to rethink this room. As luck would have it, my friend moved to Salt Lake City recently and needed to store her full size bed somewhere and we thankfully agreed to house it in our new guest bedroom/ office space.




 We first put the bed to the right where the computer desk was, but it looked odd so after some switching around we placed it in front of the windows. My mom had given me a bed in a bag set this Christmas so I had stuff to cover the bed. At first I thought I was going to have to paint the baby boy blue walls, but they go surprisingly well with the comforter set.

To accommodate the bed we moved the computer desk on the left side of the room behind the door.


We also sorted through a lot of our junk and got rid of it.
The bookcase was then moved to the right side of the room but on the wall the door is on.


Next I decided we needed curtains to match the bed spread and room. Since the walls are blue I decided to get gold curtains to match. I had the hardest time matching this gold color. I had to drag around the pillow case and hold it up to the curtains in the store. I went to Target, JC Penny, and Kohls and nothing was close. I decided if I couldn't match the color exactly I'd go with a print that would detract from the two different gold colors. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


So here is the before

 and this is the after



 I'm really excited about the cheap makeover. The only expense I had was the curtains which were $75 total. Now we have a much more functional and beautiful room.

No comments:

Post a Comment