Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Almond Fig Tart

It's fig season again!

I never really had a fig until couple of years ago and ever since I have been kinda obsessed with them. My friend gave me a bunch of figs from his beautiful fig tree. I have a small fig tree that doesn't have any fruit on it yet, but will hopefully someday. Usually I'll just eat the figs with goat cheese but I wanted to try something new with them so I found this tart recipe. I would normally make a homemade tart crust but I was short on time and substituted a pre-made one. Feel free to make one from scratch. 


Ingredients

  • 1 frozen pie crust (or your favorite tart crust recipe)
  • 1 can almond paste, at room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 12 oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 6 large or 12 small fresh figs, sliced, stems removed 

Directions

Cook pie crust according to the directions on the package.
 
In a clean food processor bowl, combine remaining sugar, almond paste, mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract, and honey. Blend until smooth.
 
 Spread the almond filling over the dough. Arrange the figs on top of the almond filling. Refrigerate for an hour then serve.



It looked and tasted delicious. Next time I may make the crust from scratch and bake the figs with the apricot jam like the original recipe just to see how it turns out, but I will definitely make this version again.



No comments:

Post a Comment