Thursday, November 10, 2011

Burgers with Pear, Carmelized Onions and Jalapeno Fig Jam

So recently I went to this great new burger place in little rock called Big Orange. They had a burger with fig jam and pecorino cheese and truffle mayo that was spectacular. I've really gotten into the non-traditional burgers with fruit on them so the next time I made burgers I decided to do something interesting. I had some pears and thought that caramelized onions would go great with them. Next I needed a sauce. I happen to have some fig jam left over from these fig filled cupcakes and jalapenos from John's coworker so I decided to make a jalapeno fig jam sauce. These burgers were amazing! The recipe is below:

Ingrediants:
      1 pear (thinly sliced)
      1 onion (sliced into thin rings)
      1/2 cup fig jam
      1 jalapeno (diced very small)
      1 tbsp butter
      Cheddar cheese slices (you could use any cheese- blue cheese would be good too)
      Ground beef
      Buns

Instructions:
Form burgers with the ground beef and grill or fry them. Place sliced onions into a frying pan with a tablespoon of butter on low heat and let cook for about 10 mins or until caramelized . 


Then add sliced jalapenos to the fig jam so their flavors can start melding
.


Then slice the pears.
Then just assemble the burger. Put on the cheddar cheese, followed by the pears, then onions and spread on the fig jalapeno jam on the bun. I don't have any after pictures- they were so good, I forgot to stop and take one.

No comments:

Post a Comment