Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Curtain Wall

As we mentioned in this post, we moved our bed around our master bedroom to here


Our plan was to build a curtain wall so that the bed could look centered on that wall. I had a Target gift card, so I was determined to find curtains from there. I wanted a light gold faux silk because I wanted to lighten up the space. I found these and they had 5 of them in stock in the 95 inch length. I will need 4 for this wall and another 4 for the other wall, so I decided to start with these. I also got a these curtain rods in a nickel finish. Yay Target!

Then John measured the length of the wall and figured out how far over to the left (when looking at the picture above) the curtains needed to go to for the bed to look centered.

This is how the curtains turned out


I love it! Here are some more pictures with some pillows I also picked up at Target.




I wish the lighting was better, but we are so thrilled with the new bed location and curtain wall. The bedroom is really staring to come together considering this was the bedroom 4 months ago

Sad and peach lol

However we are not completely done with the master bedroom. Here is our remaining to-do list:

  • Build a bench for the end of the bed
  • get new light fixture or DIY something
  • hang curtains on other wall
  • change the knobs on the wardrobe wall
  • get a rug
  • get a chaise or some chairs for a sitting area
  • re- do my closet (this is a long term project)

No comments:

Post a Comment