Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Decorations

This December has been super busy, I can't believe Christmas is only 2 days away. I just graduated with my M.B.A., John and I were in the middle of our living remodel, and I was sick. All of this contributed to my very late Christmas decorating. But slowly I got the house looking pretty good. Last year I found these pretty burgundy poinsettias with gold centers at Hobby Lobby and put them in my garland on my mantle.  I loved them so much that this year I went back and stocked up on them. I think I bought 8 bunches of poinsettias. They come in bouquet form, but I just use wire cutters to cut them off 3 inches below the flower. I added them to everything and love how it came out.

First they went back on the mantle




The garland and wreath are also from Hobby Lobby. I added the poinsettias and gold picks to the plain wreath and garland. I wish the pictures turned out better. It looks great in person. Next year I may have to get new stockings in gold.

Since the poinsettias looked so good there I thought I would carry them over to my tree. Usually we have multicolored lights with multicolored family ornaments. But I thought it would look odd if we add the poinsettias to that, so I used white lights this year and ran gold ribbon around the circumference of the tree every foot or so. Then I picked out only the white, silver, gold, and red ornaments and used them. I love how it came out.

Here are some more pictures




Then in November, I was in Pottery Barn and saw some really cool console table displays with candles of varying heights. I knew I wanted to recreate this so I bought 2 large gold mercury glass candle holders and 2 small gold mercury glass candle holders. I got some cream pillar candles for them at Target, since Pottery Barn's were pretty pricey.. Then while I was at Target I saw some gold reindeer in the dollar bin (score!) and  some gold mercury glass votive candle holders. This is was the same time I got the chairs for our living room and while I was at the stores we got our chairs from I saw some large mercury glass (sensing a theme or obsession lol) ornaments.  I thought these would be perfect for the console table. Then it started coming together.


The vase with the sticks is usually there and I thought it would be cool to hang the ornaments from it to make it more festive. Then I put some left over greenery from the tree on the bottom to break up the gold-ness.


Overall, I love how it turned out!. I also decorated the coffee table in there with some greenery.


Then I used some left over clippings from the tree to make a fun centerpiece for our dining room table.



I bought the sugared fruit at Hobby Lobby. It was all together on a stick so I cut the pieces off and placed them in the greenery.

In our other living room, which is finally finished! (pictures to follow shortly). I just added a wreath to the picture frame wall and created a little centerpiece for the coffee table.



Finally, I put some garland in the foyer and used the poinsettias to dress up the garland.


Each room is so festive and I love how it turned out.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment