Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Hanukkah!

I'm not Jewish, but I love any excuse to make/eat Jewish food. For this Hanukkah, I made bagels with lox and cream cheese. I always forget how much I like this dish until I make it. I definitely need to make it more often for breakfast or for dinner. I was going to a party so I used mini bagels, which were the perfect serving size. Below is the "recipe".

Ingredients:

4 bagels
1 package of cream cheese
1 package of smoked salmon (lox)
1 jar of capers
1 large tomato sliced
1 onion thinly sliced

Directions:

Toast bagels. I was making this for a group of people and have 14 mini bagels so instead of toasting each one individually, I put them on  a baking sheet and cooked them at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until toasted.


While the bagels are toasting begin slicing the tomato and onion.



Once the bagels are toasted, cover them with cream cheese and top with the smoked salmon. I served them like this and put out the tomatoes, onion, and capers for garnishment. So tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment