Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Curtains!

Our informal living is finally finished. We still need to to tweak it a bit but the major construction stage of it is over. Now I get to do the fun decorating part of the room. I had been thinking about what curtains to put in there for about a month. I ordered numerous swatches and pinned several curtains. Honestly, I just wanted to  buy some pre-made beautiful curtains, however they can get expensive really fast and I couldn't find any that felt right for the space. So I was fine with making a pair. After lots of consideration, I decided to go with this fabric from Ballard Designs. 

We have big windows and I decided I wanted them to be the major color/print of the room. The living room construction process took longer than expected and I was sick so I was getting worried that I would not be able to make the curtains in time. Thankfully one of my good friend's mom makes draperies for a living and she said she had time to make them for me! They came out beautifully (much better than I could ever do). I am thrilled with them!

Here's some pictures




No comments:

Post a Comment